From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: FYI: Daily / weekly / monthly cron jobs run twice on DST - non-DST transition
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 09:05:10
1 On Tue, 07 Nov 2017 08:48:22 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Apologies for prolonging this exhaustive and exhausting thread, but
4 > what is the Gentoo suggested cron application for a non-24-7 desktop
5 > these days? I'm still using sys-process/vixie-cron because I guess
6 > that's what was de rigueur at the time I installed this system,
7 > although on other desktop PCs I run sys- process/cronie.
8
9 According to virtual/cron, cronie
10
11 RDEPEND="|| ( sys-process/cronie
12 sys-process/vixie-cron
13 sys-process/bcron
14 sys-process/dcron
15 sys-process/fcron
16 sys-process/systemd-cron )"
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 EASY TO INSTALL = Difficult to install, but instruction manual has
23 pictures.