From: Mike Markowski <mm@××××.Edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ipw2200 chipset mini wireless card
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 13:33:27
1 Bill,
2
3 William Kenworthy wrote:
4 > I have a new sony lappy with a ipw2200 chipset mini wireless card.
5 > Should I be using the in kernel (2.6.16-r3) drivers or the builds in
6 > portage? Is the a configuration guide for this setup on gentoo?
7
8 You want the portage builds. I'm going by memory (laptop is at home,
9 I'm at work) but there are three things to emerge: ieee80211, ipw2200
10 and ipw2200-firmware. (The names might be a little off...) In any
11 case, the 802.11 ebuild will check your kernel config & tell you if
12 there is a problem with your config, and how to deal with it by running
13 a (provided) script. Nice & easy!
14
15 Sorry my note isn't crisp on details, but I'm sure others will correct
16 my fuzzy memory if I've left out anything. Good luck,
17
18 Mike
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list