From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - Changing accellerator keys in gnome-terminal
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 15:18:41
1 Is it possible to change the accellerator keys in gnome-terminal? I
2 would like to change
3
4 Copy from Cntrl+Shift+C to Cntrl+C
5 Paste from Cntrl+Shift+P to Cntrl+P
6
7 (like it is in just about every other gnome app). I was looking at the
8 source code for gnome-terminal, at a file called terminal-accels.c and I
9 see a function:
10
11 static KeyEntry edit_entries[] =
12 {
13 { N_("Copy"),
14 KEY_COPY, ACCEL_PATH_COPY, 0, 0, NULL, FALSE },
15 { N_("Paste"),
16 KEY_PASTE, ACCEL_PATH_PASTE, 0, 0, NULL, FALSE },
17 };
18
19 I think this is what I need to edit; the problem is that I'm not very
20 experienced with C and I'm not experienced at all with GTK. From
21 cross-referencing what I see above with both the rest of the current
22 file and the accompanying header file I see
23
24 #define KEY_COPY CONF_KEYS_PREFIX"/copy"
25 #define KEY_PASTE CONF_KEYS_PREFIX"/paste"
26
27 #define ACCEL_PATH_COPY ACCEL_PATH_ROOT"/copy"
28 #define ACCEL_PATH_PASTE ACCEL_PATH_ROOT"/paste"
29
30 I know these commands are declaring constants, and I know that CONF_KEYS_PREFIX eventually translates into CONF_PREFIX, which translates into "/apps/gnome-terminal" in terminal-profile.h, but I have no idea what /apps/gnome-terminal does in this context (isn't that what I'm trying to build here?) Am I even close?
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list