From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Old Firefox ebuild?
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 19:58:47
1 On 2016-10-16 10:34, Martin Vaeth wrote:
2
3 > My recommendation: Use palemoon (from the palemoon overlay)
4
5 Oh man! THANK YOU! pale moon is the best thing in my digital life since
6 gentoo :-) I can only wonder why it is not more widely known or used by
7 hackers?
8
9 There seems to be a little glitch in the packaging: when I emerge
10 pale moon first (before unmerging firefox and company), pale moon ends up
11 linked against shared libraries from the nss and nspr packages (in
12 /usr/lib64), instead of the bundled ones in /usr/lib64/palemoon.
13
14 Unmerging firefox first and then --depcleaning works around it.
17 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
18 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
19 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html