From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Buying a low-cost printer for Linux
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 04:29:32
1 On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:16 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > On Donnerstag 04 Dezember 2008, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >> Does anyone have a good way of figuring out what printers that you can
5 >> actually buy in the retail market place actually have support in
6 >> Linux? I sure don't.
7 >>
8 > forget the 'opensource' printers, and buy a turboprint licence. It rocks. It
9 > really does.
12 I'll have to write them and get some answers. Can I run it on multiple
13 machines using a singe license. None of my printers were in their
14 supported list so do they support them or not? They should be able to
15 answer those sorts of questions.
16
17 However, their list of supported devices is still much smaller than
18 the Open Source list so it begs the same question... Even though they
19 have support for a nice set of printers, which of those printers can
20 be purchased new today through normal retail channels?
21
22 Thanks for the idea. I'd not heard of them.
23
24 Cheers,
25 Mark