From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found.
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 18:06:37
1 On 3 June 2020 18:24:47 CEST, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 >When I try to boot I'm getting an error:
3 >
4 >"Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found. Try passing init=
5 >option to kernel."
6 >
7 >I am running very low on disk space, I think.
8 >I've tried to boot strap the system and remove some files but boot
9 >strap
10 >is not working. When I boot from minimal-install gentoo CD I try:
11 >
12 >swapon /dev/sda3
13 >swapon: /dev/sda3: read swap header failed: Input/output error
14 >
15 >Any solution?
16
17 Is this on a new system? Or on an existing system that started showing this issue after working correctly for a while?
20 Joost
21 --
22 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.