From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Links not working from Thunderbird-2.0.0.22 to Firefox-3.5
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 13:33:06
1 On 08/04/2009 05:15 AM, Jacques Montier wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Since i upgraded Firefox to Firefox-3.5-r1, my links from Thunderbird to
5 > Firefox don't work anymore.
6 > In Thunderbird-2.0.0.22 : Edition -> Preferences -> Advanced -> General
7 > -> Configuration Editor, i get :
8 > network.protocol-handler.app.http type chain with /usr/bin/firefox.
9 > Nothing happens when clicking on a link in Thunderbird.
10 > In console /usr/bin/firefox works properly.
11 > In Openoffice, links launch Firefox.
12 > Everything is ok if i change /usr/bin/firefox to /usr/bin/midori.
13
14 It may depend on what desktop you use. I use gnome, and the usual
15 reason for this problem is that the setting in System->Preferences->
16 Preferred-Applications is set to point at the wrong browser name.
17
18 I believe kde has a similar menu item somewhere, not certain.
19
20 Possibly the name of your firefox binary was changed in the upgrade?
21 Maybe an old symlink is pointing to an old (deleted) file?