From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems booting my server - ext2 - e2fsck
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:03:53
1 On Wednesday 28 July 2010 19:14:05 Bill Longman wrote:
2
3 > In the Device Drivers section, (this is for 2.6.34!), turn OFF the
4 > deprecated ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support. That corresponds to CONFIG_IDE
5 > in your .config. Then, turn ON, Serial ATA and Parallel ATA drivers
6 > which corresponds to CONFIG_ATA in your .config. Then, under Serial
7 > ATA, you'll need to turn on ATA SFF and then Intel ESB, ICH, PIIX3,
8 > PIIX4 PATA/SATA support.
9
10 But bear in mind that setting these does not produce a bootable kernel
11 on my P4 box, as I've said in another thread, so it's possible that
12 making the suggested changes will introduce more fog rather than
13 dispelling it. I'm not sure how likely it is though.
16 Rgds
17 Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.