From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XFS FileSystem - Slow Writes - GNOME/nautilus Issue? (SOLVED w/ ReFORMAT)
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 03:42:19
1 On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 09:38 -0700, Joshua Schmidlkofer wrote:
2 > On 8/29/06, Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com> wrote:
5 I just re-formatted my partitions and moved things around. Things are
6 looking up.
7 Meaning, I am able to achieve good write/read speeds which is where i
8 was previously. 15-20MB/s on both writes/reads on btoh nautilus and cp
9 commands.
10
11 So. I'm gonna put it at either.
12
13 1. xfs frag
14 2. xfs dir curruption or something
17 > Are there
18 > any good, well optimized file copy utilities for Linux?
21 Hmm.. interesting
24 > > * app-misc/mc
25 > > Latest version available: 4.6.1
26 > > Size of downloaded files: 11,606 kB
27 > > * app-misc/mc-mp [ Masked ]
28 > > Latest version available: 4.1.40_pre9
29
30 > Basically, this guy is sane, (thank God), and doing what MC really
31 > needs: SIMPLICITY. I have never bitched at the mc guys, but when I
32 > get to my desk, I am converting to mc-mp. Cause MC sucks recently.
33
34 Well, if I look at the size of the tar, it's 5x difference
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list