From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CVS for kernel config?
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 22:17:03
1 It seems overkill for one file.
4 On Tue, 30 May 2006 16:17:58 -0500
5 Anthony E. Caudel wrote:
6
7 > I am in the process of moving to an amd64 system and I anticipate a lot
8 > of experimentation/tuning with the kernel.
9 >
10 > I was wondering if it is possible to set up CVS (or preferably
11 > Subversion) so that I would be able to back up to any previous
12 > configuration. It seems that if I just kept the .config file in cvs and
13 > checked it in and out as needed that this might work.
14 >
15 > Maybe?
16 >
17 > Tony
18 > --
19 > Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
20 > Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
21 > -- Benjamin Franklin
22 > --
23 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
26 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>