From: Mike Gilbert <floppymaster@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] thubdrive mounts with strange char's in it's name
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 04:16:10
1 On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Alan Warren <bluemoonshine@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > My thumbdrive has been mounting fine, but recently it started mounting
3 > with strange characters in it's name.
4
5 I believe most auto-mounters use the file system label when naming
6 mount points. You can view or modify this with the tools appropriate
7 for the specific file system.
8
9 For FAT, use dosfslabel from the sys-fs/dosfstools package.
10
11 For ext{2,3,4}, use "tune2fs -L" from the sys-fs/e2fsprogs package.
12
13 I'm guessing that something messed up the label.