From: Alexander Rink <a.rink@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions about setting up reliable firewall
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:58:28
1 Have a look at firehol (firehol.sourceforge.net). I suppose that this is
2 exactly what u r looking for. You can write config files in an easy and
3 understandable language, firehol will translate them into iptables commands.
4 You can find predefined scripts for different environments after emerging
5 firehol in /etc/firehol/examples
6
7 For a single dialup computer the settings are as simple as:
8 interface any world
9 client all accept
10
11 Which means that the computer is completely hidden and offers no services.
12 Adding a ssh Server just adds the following line
13 server ssh
14
15 You can find a nice and detailled example at firehols hompage.