From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rename /dev/nvme0n1 to /dev/sda
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 06:48:41
1 On Fri, 1 Sep 2017 09:10:13 -0700 Grant wrote:
2 > My new laptop uses /dev/nvme0n1 instead of /dev/sda which conflicts
3 > with the script I use to manage about 12 similar laptops running
4 > Gentoo. Is there a udev method for renaming the disk that will work
5 > well with any USB disks that happen to also be attached?
6
7 Yes, you can write an udev rule to create any names or symlinks you
8 want on any events selected by triggers. See
9 http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html
10 and udev docs.
11
12 Best regards,