From: sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Excessive processor usage
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:59:22
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Montag, 6. August 2007, sean wrote:
3 >> Xav' wrote:
4 >>> So how do you know there is an excessive processor usage ? Could you
5 >>> describe more precisely what you want to mean ?
6 >> Have gkrellm2 monitoring CPU usage and often for varied lengths of time
7 >> will see a long and increased processor usage, this usually occurs on CPU1.
8 >> Things get a bit sluggish when this happens. This is a recent problem.
9 >
10 > I suspect IO. Disk IO makes everything slow. Especially if swap is involved.
11
12 Thanks Volker,
13
14 I will have to look this one over carefully.
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list