From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] can't boot, chroot no help
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 03:47:10
1 Hi group,
2
3 I ran emerge -avuDN world and came up with blocked packages which I
4 eliminated by un-merging device-mapper and e2fsprogs-libs. When I
5 rebooted was greeted by a maintenance console and the message
6 "libblkid.so.1 cannot open shared object file". A little googling
7 later I realized that e2fsprogs-libs should not have been removed. No
8 problem, I'll chroot and fix it.
9
10 After the chroot I was able to mount /dev/sda1 on /mnt/gentoo but
11 couldn't mount /dev/sdb2
12 on /var where portage is kept on this system. The error was identical
13 to the original one when the pc was first rebooted:
14
15 "mount: error while loading shared libraries: libblkid.so.1..."
16
17 I tried to run e2fsck on /dev/sda2 but got this error msg:
18
19 "e2fsck: error while loading shared libraries: libcom_err.so.2: cannot
20 open shared object file..."
21
22 Any one see a way past this impasse? I'm using ext2 with the journal option.
23
24 Maxim