From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange dmesg output - RESOLVED
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 01:38:55
1 Ok, this is too weird. While mucking around in the kernel I noticed
2 that the scroll back buffer wasn't set. So I configured it and gave it
3 128 bytes to play with. Sez I, well at least I'll be able to scroll
4 back to the start of all that verbiage. That's the only change I've
5 made since turning USB_STORAGE debugging off.
6
7 After a reboot, dmesg behaved and gives me a complete rundown on
8 startup all the way back to the prompt!
9
10 So, since in the digital world, things don't "just happen", can
11 someone enlighten me, or anyone else who's interested, in the
12 connection between the scrollback buffer and usb-storage, if any?
13
14 mw