From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Symlinking /usr/portage/distfiles
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:30:42
1 On Wednesday 31 January 2007 14:34, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 31 January 2007 13:22:36 Uwe Thiem wrote:
3 > > KDE is in so far better as it doesn't forbit parallel compiling -
4 > > as OO does. So I can use distcc and let all my boxes contribute.
5 > > That brings the compile time of KDE down a lot. Unfortunately, that
6 > > isn't possible with OO.
7 >
8 > Actually it isn't impossible with OOo. It just isn't reliable enough
9 > to be enabled by default yet. `export WANT_MP=true` will enable
10 > parallel compiling.
11
12 Purely for interest's sake, is it known what exactly in OOo is causing
13 these problems?
14
15 alan
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list