From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} Allow work from home?
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 12:52:24
1 On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 7:29 AM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > The answer to this may be an obvious "yes" but I've never done it so I'm not
4 > sure. Can I route requests from machine C through machine A only for my
5 > domain name, and not involve A for C's other internet requests? If so,
6 > where is that configured?
7 >
8 > BTW, how did you find ZT? Pity there's no ebuild yet.
11 My understanding is that ZT does not support routing of any kind.
12 Traffic destined to a ZT peer goes directly to that peer, and that's
13 it. You can't route over ZT and onto a subnet on a remote peer's
14 network, or from one peer to another, or anything like that.
15
16 So, ZT isn't even capable of routing internet traffic right now, so
17 none of it will go over ZT.
18
19 For other VPNs it is all IP and routing works however you define it on
20 either side. You can make a VPN your default route, or not, etc. You
21 can do whatever iproute2/iptables/etc allows on linux hosts. I
22 imagine windows is a bit less flexible but I'm sure you can define
23 which interface is the default route.
26 Rich