From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't kill Firefox!
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 22:32:49
1 On 07/21/2011 11:38 AM, Mick wrote:
2 > Whatever Dale had on his machine must have infected mine! LOL!
3 >
4 > A 32bit x86 box with KDE4.6, running firefox-3.6.17 and xulrunner-1.9.2.17
5 > after a few hours and loads of tabs (sometimes up to 15 or so) eventually
6 > hangs X.
7 >
8 > I can switch to a console and login as the user running the X session, then
9 > try to kill the bloody thing with killall, kill -15 <pid> and kill -9 <pid>.
10 > It won't barge. Mind you I haven't tried this as root.
11
12 I wonder if the machine is busy swapping because RAM is full. Run top and
13 see how much swap is used or if some process is using 100% of CPU.