From: brettholcomb@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: /etc/conf.d/net
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:20:55
1 Don't feel bad Alan - for me, also this is very unclear. I upgraded baselayout then got the message my conf.d/net was using deprecated syntax so I went to net.example, copied it to net which is symlinked to net.eth0 (after backing up<G>). I then went through the file and found that it appears iproute2 is now preferred although there are no man pages or docs and it got installed on my system. I use static so I updated the address with the new function per the in-file instructions and set the route. I restarted net.eth0 and immediately lost internet access - I had pop and https but no news or regular http or sync! After much hassle all I did was comment out some nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf and left a couple more and it worked again. To be honest I can't say the upgrade was to blame - I'm checking into the nameservers having issues.
2
3 However, the differences between the old and new or what the new is supposed to do better is very unclear.
7 > From: Alan Mckinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
8 > Date: 2006/08/21 Mon AM 09:43:17 EDT
9 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
10 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: /etc/conf.d/net
11 >