From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Thunderbird w/ Owl plugin for OWA?
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 17:53:04
1 Does anybody have any experience using Thunderbird with the Owl plugin
2 for connecting to Exchange OWA?
3
4 https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/addon/owl-for-exchange/
5
6 I've been thinking it might be a better option than hiri.
7
8 https://www.hiri.com/
9
10 I've been using hiri for a couple years now, but development and
11 support seemed to have stopped several years ago. It still works as
12 well as it always did, but there are years-old bugs that don't look
13 like they're ever going to get fixed, and there are some rather basic
14 features that are missing or don't work. On the pro side, the calendar
15 function does sync up and work pretty well. The basic mail
16 functionality works good enough about 80% of the time.
17
18 But, every month or two an e-mail thread gets broken and you have to
19 delete the account and start from scratch. The editor is also lacking
20 basic operations like indent, quote, code block, font/color, insert
21 image, and a few others. Oh, and there's no "undo" in the
22 editor. About once a day, my emacs muscle memory will kick in and I'll
23 hit ctrl-a to move the beginning of the line and then start typing
24 something. Poof, the entire draft is gone with no way to recover.
25 I've found that a viable work-around for anything at all long or
26 complex is to edit the message using markdown-mode in emacs, preview
27 the message in a browser, and then cut/paste it into hiri's editor
28 window. But, the OWA web UI works just as well for that...
31 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! This ASEXUAL PIG
32 at really BOILS my BLOOD
33 gmail.com ... He's so ... so
34 ... URGENT!!