From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ATI video card with water cooler
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 17:11:26
1 Hello,
2
3 I've been looking for an ATI graphics card
4 with a water cooling system built in. I'm very
5 tired of listen to the roar of a video card fan.
6
7 Any suggestions? It does not need to be the latest
8 smokin card, just reasonable at video games
9 and quite as can be. R580 engine or above.
10 Low dB is the primary concern, but it must be decent at video
11 games. (PCI express 16) is the slot it must fit into.
12
13 I prefer ATI over nvidia.
14
15 After days of googling and nothing attractive
16 (sub 200 USD) and pre assembled, I'm more open
17 to the cost effectiveness of DIY. Any suggestions
18 are most appreciated. Your experiences with DIY
19 water cooled video cards and your happiness with
20 such endeavors is of keen interest to me, regardless
21 of the type of video card.
25 James