From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: A Glitch in the Matrix or just another burb of emerge... ;)
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 22:09:35
1 On 2016-05-11, Jonathan Callen <jcallen@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Looking further at the ebuilds in question, it appears that if you wish
4 > to have older versions of GCC installed with >=gcc-4.9, you need to have
5 > USE=multislot on the *newer* versions of gcc (this USE=multislot doesn't
6 > appear to be completely broken like the old USE=multislot was; now the
7 > SLOTs are constant with respect to USE).
8
9 So slots no longer "just work" like they have for the past 15 years?
10
11 You now have to explicitly request installation in a slot by setting
12 the multislot flag?
13
14 Did I miss an eselect news warning about this?
15
16 Is this true for all packages that were previously installed in slots,
17 or have gcc and a select few been chosen specially for this breakage?
20 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I feel like I'm
21 at in a Toilet Bowl with a
22 gmail.com thumbtack in my forehead!!