From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] File merge tool
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 19:49:37
1 Summary:
2 Any suggestions for a file merge tool?
3
4 Details:
5
6 I'd like to try just actually manually merging bookmarks.html files
7 from different computers. Diff and Patch seem kind of hard or maybe
8 impossible to use for this.
9
10 If you have identical parts in different places they will just keep
11 adding up... no way to weed out duplication.
12
13 If there anything that can do that or at least help me do it.
14
15 I'm not talking about bookmark merge/storage things like Xmarks or
16 foxmarks. My files are not so large that I couldn't do it by hand
17 but would need some smart helper tool.