From: Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating Blue-ray video discs
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 10:21:02
1 Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 11:57:32AM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
4 > > I don't believe this was the question.
5 > >
6 > > cdrecord of course writes BluRays since 2007, but the question was for software
7 > > that prepares the data to create a compliant filesystem content.
8 >
9 > "create a compliant filesystem content"
10 >
11 > I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean. Do you mean software which can
12 > appropriately pack and format the data to be viewed on a conventional Blu-Ray
13 > player ? I haven't used Xfburn in quite a while, but from what I remember, it is
14 > capable of doing so, at least with conventional D.V.D.s.
15
16 definitely not unless it is using mkisofs.
17
18 Software based on Xorriso does not support UDF and creates less compliant
19 ISO-8859-1 and Rock Rich filesystems than mkisofs.
20
21 Jörg
24 EMail:joerg@××××××.net (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
25 joerg.schilling@××××××××××××××××.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/