From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Do you see circle? I see ellipse
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 17:25:19
1 Hi!
2
3 Some time ago I used GeForce card and was able (with own ModeLine
4 in xorg.conf) to set 1280x960 mode at 83Hz (with both 'nv' and 'nvidia'
5 drivers).
6
7 After migrating to another hardware I use integrated to motherboard
8 video Intel DRM x3000 (motherboard is ASUS P5B-VM). 'i810' driver is
9 in use.
10
11 Problem 1.
12
13 When my old ModeLine is in use, I see strange (shifted) desktop fragment,
14 mouse pointer is not in sync with desktop, horizontal refresh is 65Hz and
15 so on.
16
17 Problem 2.
18
19 OK, I need to work, so I decided to use 1280x1024 at 75 Hz. All works fine
20 except for graphics which has wrong scale: circle height is less than must
21 be. I have played with monitor sizes in xorg.conf - only fonts rendering
22 changes (and DPI has also different values in xorg log file in accordance
23 with monitor sizes).
24
25 I use KDE.
26 Where to dig in? Please, point me to circles! :-)
29 Andrew
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list