From: Gordon Schulz <gordon.schulz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Evolution Doesn't Filter Incoming Mail
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 07:46:22
1 On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:27, Richard <skitfish@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I use Evolution as my mail client. I receive Gentoo mailing list email
4 > at my GMail address, and access this email in Evolution over IMAP.
5 >
6 > I want Gentoo mailing list messages to go into a Gentoo mailing list
7 > folder in Evolution, and so I've setup an incoming mail filter to take
8 > all mail with a sender or recipient address matching '@lists.gentoo.org'
9 > and move it to my Gentoo mailing list folder.
10
11 Maybe I am missing something here, but... Why not just let GMail apply a
12 label to the gentoo-mails and skip Inbox? That way they would show
13 up in a folder serverside and Evolution wouldn't have to do anything at
14 all.
15 --
16 Greetings,
17 Gordon.