From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing printing options from within application
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 20:53:05
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 20 Jun 2011 02:46:42 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Mick wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Perhaps I'm doing this wrong, but I can't change print settings from
7 >>> within an application, e.g. using Okular, FF, etc. I cannot change from
8 >>> colour to greyscale.
9 >>>
10 >>> I can only change these settings if I login to http://localhost:631 and
11 >>> change the printer default settings there.
12 >>>
13 >>> Is this how it is meant to work - what are plain users meant to do?
14 >>>
15 >>> PS. This is a networked printer.
16 >>>
17 >> Are the users in the correct groups? Mine looks like this:
18 >>
19 >> root@fireball / # cat /etc/group | grep lp
20 >> lp::7:lp,dale,dale2
21 >> lpadmin:x:106:dale
22 >> root@fireball / #
23 >>
24 >> There could be other groups that are needed but checking those are a
25 >> good idea too.
26 >>
27 > Thank you Dale, the lpadmin was missing. It seems I was being extra cautious
28 > when I first set up cups on this machine a few years ago ...
32 Well, nothing worse than coming home to find out someone you don't know
33 printed a very large book. Naturally, it would be a book you have
34 absolutely no interest in reading. ;-)
35
36 Glad you got it sorted.
37
38 Dale