From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A Good player for streaming audio
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:03:38
1 Am Freitag, den 06.07.2007, 21:44 +0300 schrieb Aleksey V. Kunitskiy:
2 > On Friday 06 July 2007 21:13, Marc Joliet wrote:
3 > >"file" output module, and using aplay for listening to the output file
4 >
5 > Hmm, can you point me to this "file" output module, please?
6
7 Audio settings --> set audio output to "xine" engine --> change output
8 module (in German "Ausgabe-Modul") to "file". That writes the output to
9 the file "~/alsa-out.wav".
10
11 Sorry for inaccuracies from translating, I have a German locale, so I
12 don't know what the English version says.
13
14 Side note: I know it's possible to temporarily set the locale to en_US
15 in the command line. I tried doing a
16 $ {LANG,LANGUAGE,LOCALE}="en_US" amarok
17 , but amarok stayed German. Temporarily changing KDE to US English
18 affected the control center (immediately), but not amarok. What is the
19 correct way of doing this?
20
21 > You are using
22 > aplay because that module does raw dump of the stream without header, so
23 > amarok can't play it?
26 Actually, I used aplay because that was what first sprung to mind ;).
27 You can of course use amarok, or whatever you want (I edited what I
28 recorded in Audacity, for instance).
29
30 HTH,
31 Marc