From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booting from dmraid
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 21:13:20
1 On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 23:06:21 +0200, Aram Havarneanu wrote:
2
3 > > Yes,as long as /boot is on a RAID1 or non-RAID partition. I use the
4 > > former.
5 >
6 > /boot is on RAID0. Works perfectly with dmraid compiled as module and
7 > loaded into initrd. Do you say that it will not work statically
8 > compiled into the kernel if /boot is on RAID0 insetad of RAID1?
9
10 With an initrd, anything is possible, except simplicity. Without an
11 initrd, with DM compiled in and a RAID1, everything just works. I'm
12 surprised that GRUB can read the kernel from a RAID0.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Half of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.