From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] root fs moved, but no init
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 07:58:30
1 On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 09:49:21 +1000, Adam Carter wrote:
2
3 > When booting the kernel successfully mounts /dev/sdb3 as root fs
4 > Then the system halts at one of the freeing memory messages, but I
5 > assume the problem is that init isn't executed from /dev/sdb3
6
7 Doesn't the kernel say something along the lines of "unable to run" init"
8 when it can't find it. You can test whether it is getting as far as
9 trying to run init by adding "init=/bin/sh" to your kernel options, which
10 should drop you straight into a shell.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
17 and I'm not sure about the the universe."
18 (Albert Einstein)