From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 57.0.4 without pulseaudio? Possible?
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 05:39:14
1 tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > Hi Dale,
3 >
4 > one problem here is, that I am using firefox-bin, because compiling
5 > firefox gave me compile errors in the past.
6 >
7 > One dependency of firefox-bin is....pulseaudio.
8 >
9 > Currently I am trying to compile firefox and will see how far it
10 > goes...
11 >
12 > Short question: What timezone you are?
13 >
14 > Cheers
15 > Meino
18 I'm on CST here in the USA.  May be around a little longer.  Before you
19 compile Firefox, make sure of your USE flags.  No point compiling that
20 monster and then realizing a USE flag is wrong.
21
22 I suspect you can make this work with a compiled version.  Just a feeling.
23
24 Dale
25