From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 12:39:16
1 On 6/23/2011 8:31 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 18:54:14 -0400, Mike Edenfield wrote:
3 >
4 >> It's one package (cantor) that has one dependency (R) that is optional
5 >> (USE=-R) that falls squarely into the "if you aren't sure if you need it
6 >> then you probably don't" category. So for most users, no, you don't need
7 >> to build gcc with fortran.
8 >
9 > That's not the only one. Digikam has a hard depend on clapack, which
10 > requires virtual/blas and thus a Fortran compiler.
11
12 Hrm. I installed kde-meta and it didn't pull in Digikam. But
13 I don't remember turning it off (though I would have). I
14 have a completely unreasonable and unjustifiable dislike for
15 FORTRAN so I go out of my way to keep it off my system :)