From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Duplicate mouse clicks??(nearly resolved)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:17:00
1 On Thursday 26 January 2006 10:44, a tiny voice compelled Paul to write:
2 > On Thursday 26 Jan 2006 12:58, Richard Fish wrote:
3 > > On 1/26/06, Paul <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > > > I am going to try a PS2 mouse at least it might help isolate the
5 > > > problem
6 > >
7 > > You can also try running xev, and try some clicking in the xev window,
8 > > which will show you want events X is generating to the clients. If
9 > > you see something like two button down or button up events, that could
10 > > account for your double clicking.
11 >
12 > I think I might have solved this problem. I have changed the xorg.conf
13 > mouse protocol from "auto" to "PS/2". The mouse is still connected to a
14 > USB port and now appears to work correctly.
15 > How strange, perhaps Peter and Dale could try this and see if it solves
16 > their problem as well.
17 >
18 > Ho wait my mouse wheel isn't working now - back to the drawing board
19 >
20 > Paul
21 > --
22 > This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
23 I had similar problems a while back. "auto" didn't seem to assign the right
24 protocol. My trackball wouldn't work with "IMPS/2" as it always had, nor
25 would "auto". "ExplorerPS/2" was what I needed. HTH. Mouse device is a
26 Logitech Track Man Marble Wheel.
27 --
28 Regards, Ernie
29 --