From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tuning ./configure parameters via emerge
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:07:28
1 Nicolas Sebrecht schrieb:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> a écrit:
5 >> man 5 ebuild
6 >>
7 >> Search for EXTRA_ECONF
10 > I have a new question then. Let's take an example:
11 > An ebuild has this line "econf --configure-option=foo" and my
12 > EXTRA_ECONF is set to "--configure-option=bar".
13 >
14 > Is the issue actually known and would it be the same all the time ?
15 > The used option will be "foo" or "bar" ?
18 I would think, that the command is "econf --configure-option=bar
19 --configure-option=foo".
20 econf does:
21
22 configure --prefix=/usr \
23 --host=${CHOST} \
24 --mandir=/usr/share/man \
25 --infodir=/usr/share/info \
26 --datadir=/usr/share \
27 --sysconfdir=/etc \
28 --localstatedir=/var/lib \
29 "$@" \
30 ${LOCAL_EXTRA_ECONF}
31
32 Where ${LOCAL_EXTRA_ECONF} is your ${EXTRA_ECONF} plus some more
33 settings and $@ is "--configure-option=foo".
34 > portage seems to not deal with this case. I'm afraid of what it could
35 > happen if it's depending on the configure script.