From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Automatic network configuration for USB connected device
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 13:11:59
1 On Sunday 07 September 2008, Remy Blank wrote:
2 > Dan Johansson wrote:
3 > > The above worked like a charm on my desktop but on my notebook it fails
4 > > to autoaticly bring up the usb0 interface. If I do '/etc/init.d/net.usb0
5 > > start' on the notebook everything works as expected (this I don't have to
6 > > do on the desktop). Any suggestions where to look?
7 >
8 > You may have the following line in your /etc/conf.d/rc:
9 >
10 > RC_PLUG_SERVICES="!net.*"
11 >
12 > This disables automatic starting of network services. You should replace
13 > it with something like:
14 >
15 > RC_PLUG_SERVICES="!net.eth0 !net.wlan0"
16 >
17 > where you enumerate the network services you *don't* want to start, and
18 > of course leave out net.usb0.
19 >
20 > -- Remy
21 Thanks! I'd forgotten about that setting (last changed in 2006).
22 --
23 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
25 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!

smime.p7s application/pkcs7-signature