From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xine - No sound after updates
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:37:54
1 Hello Mark Knecht,
2
3 > So far I have no other errors. Aqualung plays audio files. MythTV
4 > works fine. mplayer seems to work, at least for audio files. xine is
5 > the only DVD application we use so it's special in that sense. I could
6 > try something else, I suppose. Not anxious to do that though.
7
8 I'd suggest trying a different DVD player, so see whether the problem is
9 isolated to xine or affects the rest (which would suggest a library
10 problem). Try mplayer or mythdvd and see what happens.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.