From: "Vladimir G. Ivanovic" <vgivanovic@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] HDD I/O and UI responsiveness
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 04:22:04
1 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 28 November 2006 17:45, Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote
3 > about 'Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] HDD I/O and UI responsiveness':
4 >> I read somewhere that they are trying to 'nice' the drive usage like
5 >> they do the CPU. That may help if you can find it and enable it. I
6 >> think it is in some of the very new kernels if I read it correctly.
7 >> Sorry, I didn't bookmark it. < slaps hand >
8 >
9 > There's the ionice utility provided by...
10 > <Running equery>
11 > ...sys-process/schedutils.
12 >
13 Isn't this just masking the problem?
14
15 I don't see the CPU pegged, so why should other applications be
16 unresponsive?
17
18 --- Vladimir
19 --