From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo minimal CD not runable on 64MB RAM machine
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 06:23:10
1 Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan <sharuzzaman <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > Hi,I have an old Pentium machine with 64MB RAM that I planned
5 to install Gentoo.
6
7 Nils posted a new i586 iso here:
8
9 ftp://one.tisys.org/pub/linux/tisys/gentoo
10
11 see the feb 8th Nils discussion in gentoo-user.
12
13 There use to be an old project (GNAP) that
14 did amazing things with old hardware, but, it
15 has languished the last few years....
16
17 Alternatively, join the gentoo-embedded list
18 as there are many folks that deal with minimalistic
19 systems, of various architecture there.
20
21 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/
22
23 Myself and others are working to document x86 system
24 building for old hardware, but it's a work in progress
25 and a few months away from being ready for public
26 consumption.......
29 hth,
30 James