From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: [gentoo-user] Re: LINGUAS make.conf variable being ignored?
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 11:40:47
1 On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 11:18:36 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > > Then there's that old one about the Native American chief who
4 > > > observed that only a white man could think that cutting a foot off
5 > > > the bottom of a blanket and sewing it onto the top would give him a
6 > > > longer blanket.
7 > >
8 > > That was apparently after the white man tried to explain to him the
9 > > "advantages" of Daylight Saving Time.
10 >
11 > Yes. Which, of course it doesn't. Save anything, I mean.
12
13 Daylight Shifting Time would be a better description, but I think we all
14 get the idea now - it's to give us an extra hour in bed once a year.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 You couldn't get a job as a firing squad target.