From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BIG reiserfs problem
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:53:21
1 Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 31 October 2006 18:50, Daniel Iliev wrote:
3 >
4 >> Then I would propose you to use "hdparm -W0 /dev/(what-ever)" to
5 >> disable the write caching (no matter which FS you use). Nothing can
6 >> give 100% guarantee against power failure.
7 >
8 > This disables only hard disk cache. If I understand correctly, the
9 > caching done by the kernel (ie, by the filesystem driver) happens in
10 > RAM, /before/ data is sent to disk. Did I miss something?
11
12 I think that's what Daniel intended. If you were *really* paranoid
13 about power outages, you could do that AND mount your FS with -o sync...
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list