From: Suman Chakrabarty <suman@×××××××××××××××.in>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hijacking threads
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:53:32
1 Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On 28 Aug 2008, at 07:40, Suman Chakrabarty wrote:
4 >>
5 >> References: <48B4D7E5.9020307@××××××××××××.uk>
6 >> In-Reply-To: <48B4D7E5.9020307@××××××××××××.uk>
7 >>>
8 >>
9 >> After successful installation of Gentoo 2008 on an old Compaq Pressario
10 >> notebook, I was trying to emerge kde-meta on it, but was not
11 >> successful. :(
14 > Please don't hijack threads like this:
15 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking
16 > http://groups.google.com/group/linux.gentoo.user/msg/8a540add45e7e9b8?
17 >
18 > "It is irritating for people using thread-aware e-mail clients...
19 > In case you didn't know, it happens when you use "reply" for sending
20 > a new question instead of composing a "new" message."
24 I am really sorry for the trouble. I did not know my email client
25 (Thunderbird) was that "intelligent"! I was not sure whether the list
26 e-mail address was present in my address book and hence I took the easy
27 way out of responding to a list message with modifying the subject line.
28 I was not aware of the underlying "thread-awareness". I'll not repeat it
29 next time. Thanks for pointing out.
32 Regards,
33 Suman Chakrabarty.