From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage broken, can't load module cache_errors
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 17:01:12
1 On Sunday 18 December 2005 01:27, Graham Murray wrote:
2 > Bruno Lustosa <bruno.lists@×××××.com> writes:
3 > > Just synced and tried to update world.
4 > > Portage updated itself, and then died when trying to exec itself.
5 > > I updated from 2.0.53 to 2.1_pre1. The error is:
6
7 This error has been fixed. I was going to post on the mailing list but found
8 that the fix had made it's way here already.
9
10 > Luckily I did not get that error but emerge then took 'an eternity' to
11 > calculate the world dependencies before actually building any
12 > packages.
13
14 I added a message about three hours ago that is displayed after portage is
15 installed noting this. The default cache format has changed so you'll need to
16 run `emerge metadata` to get the local cache back up to date.
19 Jason Stubbs
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list