From: "Herminio Hernandez
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo vs Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 3?
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 08:47:26
1 I prefer Gentoo or Arch. With Gentoo consider making /var/tmp/portage on
2 USB drive. This way you have your build directory not on the SD card.
3
4 On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 1:41 AM, Danny YUE <sheepduke@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > Hi guys,
7 >
8 > I am planning to buy a Raspberry Pi 3 to setup a local network storage
9 > and try some IoT stuff. Now I am searching for some background things.
10 >
11 > Which OS do you install on your Raspberry Pi?
12 >
13 > Gentoo? Raspbian? Or even...arch?
14 >
15 > This might seems to be the wrong place to ask, but I consider Gentoo as
16 > my first-place option, so I would like to know your experiences.
17 >
18 > Thanks.
19 >
20 > Danny