From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with performance when booted using systemd
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 14:14:20
1 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 05:19:58AM -0400, covici@××××××××××.com wrote
4 >
5 > > I am using uvesafb, because when I tried the kernel driver, nvidia
6 > > closed source driver was not happy when X was started.
7 >
8 > Have you tried the nouveau open-source drivers for Nvidia cards? You
9 > don't have to rebuild/upgrade the video driver every time you upgrade
10 > your kernel.
11 I did try those, but if X was started, nvidia crapped out. Also, I was
12 getting a lot less screen real estate with those drivers than with
13 uvesafb.
16 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
17 How do
18 you spend it?
19
20 John Covici