From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] network transfer speed
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 21:00:08
1 On 2021.01.16 15:36, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 [snip.....]
3 > 2.) The two Gentoo PC that are meters away from the switch are my
4 > concern firs.
5 > One is a server, another small PC run 24/7 and both negotiated speed
6 > of 1000 with the switch.
7
8 I may be way off base here, but if the switch is connected to a router,
9 packets from one PC go to the switch and then to everything else
10 connected to it, including both the other PC and the router. Is there
11 any chance the router is passing packets back to the switch to get to
12 the second PC? I can imagine that causing lots of problems. However,
13 I would hope it is smart enough to know it doesn't need to do so, since
14 both PCs show up on the same router port.