From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KMail, multiple accounts and separate folders
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 21:45:52
1 On Mon 01 August 2011 23:11:39 Kristian Poul Herkild did opine thusly:
2 > Hi there.
3 >
4 > Thunderbird has a setting to create multiple mail accounts with
5 > separate mailfolder-hiearachy (inbox, draft, outbox, sent, trash)
6 > for each account instead of putting all mails in the same folder
7 > hierachy (as does Evolution in
8 > Gnome). Does anybody know where to find that or an identical setting
9 > in KMail?
10 >
11 > So far the solutions I've seen of "separating" mail accounts in
12 > KMail have been identical to those of "separating" mail accounts in
13 > Evolution (e.g. blend
14 > all the mails together in one big box and then manually create
15 > filters to more
16 > or less succesfully move them to subfolders within the same folder
17 > hierachy).
18 >
19 > Filter-based solutions are not wanted, since they do not work when
20 > people are
21 > sending the same mail to several of my accounts (one folder will
22 > receive multiple copies, and other folders will not receive the
23 > copies relevant to them).
24
25 You'll probably get better answers over at the kdepim-user list:
26
27 https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kdepim-users
32 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com