From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT?] Suddently Blender 3D-View is sssssllllloooooowwwww
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 18:53:18
1 Hi,
2
3 I dont know, whether is a Blender-Only problem or whether it is
4 introduced by changes made while updateing Gentoo.
5
6 The setup is as follows
7 02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM206 [GeForce GTX 960] (rev a1)
8 07:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF108 [GeForce GT 430] (rev a1)
9
10 Nvidia-drivers: 390.48
11
12 The GT430 is for rendering the desktop only.
13 The GTX960 is fpr GPU based rendering only.
14 This can be configured via Blender by choosing the GTX960 as
15 CUDA-device and by setting CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=0 as environment
16 variable.
17
18 All this was done before the interactive performance of Blender
19 goes underground. Everything works well with this setup.
20
21 GPU-Rendering itsself is uneffected, though.
22
23 I am using the current stable version of Blender 2.79. on
24 Linux-4.15.17 (vanilla).
25
26 As an example for the current performance drop:
27 Clicking a checkbox in the "User preferences" dialog take
28 up to 5 seconds before getting updated/checked.
29
30 From a backup I restored all Blender settings from a time,
31 when everything works fine but with no success.
32
33 Dmesg does not show any evidence...for my eyes.
34
35 I am a littled desperate, since modelling is directly
36 influenced by the performance of the 3D_View port.
37
38 Does anyone have any idea, what's happening here?
39 ny helpful hint is very appreciated!
40
41 Cheers
42 Meino