From: Martin Ullrich <martin.andreas.ullrich@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] sk98lin
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 11:49:21
1 Hi!
2
3 I recently wanted to Install gentoo on my desktop computer (Acer
4 1804WSMi Laptop works fine with Gentoo!), but none of my two ethernet
5 cards was working when I booted the universal installation CD.
6
7 This is the composition of my system:
8 Asus P5AD2 Deluxe Mainboard (Socket 775)
9 Intel P4 3.4 Ghz (Hyperthreading -> 2 virtual prozessors)
10 2G system memory (DDR2 - 533 MHz, bios automatically overclocks to 600MHz)
11 2x Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Cards (on board)
12 2x SATA-Harddisks (disks and controller work fine)
13 2x PATA CD/DVD ReWriter (working fine)
14
15 Under SuSE Linux the driver sk98lin for the two ethernet cards works
16 and exports eth0 and eth1, but when I booted the CD and manually
17 "modprobe sk98lin" the driver, no ethernet cards were found.
18 I found some other stuff about ASUS Mainboards on the Internet
19 (sk98lin related), but it mostly didn't apply to my problem (I got NO
20 error message during loading the module or in dmesg).
21
22 Does somebody know what I could do?
23
24 Thankful for every help,