From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Fluxbox and using kdm
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 23:30:52
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm installing fluxbox, got it emerged so far, and am trying to figure
4 out a couple things. Here it is in a nutshell. I use KDE but want a
5 back up in case a upgrade goes bad. I'm wanting to set it up so that I
6 can select fluxbox in kdm when I login but I also want to know how to
7 start fluxbox even if kdm doesn't work. I'm thinking kdm will just
8 magically see fluxbox and offer the option but haven't' logged out to
9 test the theory yet. Is starting fluxbox without kdm as easy as typing
10 "startfluxbox" in a console as a user? Surely it can't be that easy.
11
12 Somebody help me clear up the mud a bit.
13
14 Thanks.
15
16 Dale